12th Annual MOA Conference - Digging Deep
January 23 - 25, 2020
Did you know that MOA is a membership organization? Its not-for-profit status is dependent on members being involved in running the organization. As a member, you are a voting member, and you have the opportunity to serve on the Board of Directors, and to help craft the message and value of the organization.
MOA Membership is included in this year’s registration! Register for all three days and your Annual Membership is paid in full through 2020. Attend the annual meeting to learn more and vote!
A new era is dawning for MOA, and we are working to add more value and extend more educational opportunities to you, our members, as well as to others who are interested in clean food, a healthy-agricultural community, keeping agricultural land in agricultural use, and in providing a sustainable livelihood for growers, farmers and those who provide services to them.
This year's MOA Conference will feature 5 half-day intensive tracks, covering the following topics:
- Hemp - Get your questions answered about this new opportunity
- Is it for you?
- What are the barriers for entry?
- Can you be successful?
- How to get started!
- Elderberry - learn all about growing this quick-to-produce fruit
- Where will it grow?
- What are the cultivation methods?
- Where and how can you sell it?
- How much money can you make?
- Mushrooms - Are you ready for mushroom production?
- Who's buying mushrooms?
- How do you grow them?
- Why are mushrooms a good product for you?
- Where do they grow?
- Value-Added Products - Are you ready to process?
- Do you need a commercial kitchen?
- How will you decide what to process?
- What are the regulations that control your processing?
- Who will buy your products?
- Poultry - Are you ready to raise chickens?
- Can you handle egg production?
- Do you understand poultry regulations?
- Where do you market your product?
Featured Speakers & Topics
Please select one of the options below to register for the 2020 annual conference. Please note that a membership luncheon will be available on Friday, January 24th. You must be registered before January 5, 2020 to receive a meal.
Lodging & Directions
The conference will be held at Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center located at 18011 Bass Pro Drive in Independence, Missouri. The hotel is a short drive from the intersection of I-70 and I-470.
A special rate of $104.00 (+ tax) per night for a standard room is available for MOA Conference vendors and attendees. Rooms at this rate are limited, so please make your reservation early! Call 1 (800) 659-2220 and mention the conference or visit https://reservations.travelclick.com/109172#/guestsandrooms and use the group attendee code 2001MOORGA.
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center
- 18011 Bass Pro Drive Independence, MO 64055